Spanning an area of more than 100 acres, the Barrie Campus is a vibrant community-within-a-community, featuring a student residence, a three-storey library, theatre, on-campus art gallery and a state-of-the art athletic centre. Home to the Sadlon Centre for Health and Wellness, the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre and the University Partnership Centre. Accessible by car or public transit.
One of the fastest growing cities in Canada, Barrie is a popular destination known for its four-season lifestyle. With a gorgeous waterfront, bike trails and ski hills nearby, it also has a vast assortment of restaurants, live theatre, art galleries and great nightlife. Lots of off-campus housing is available, from privately run student residences to apartments.
- student residence
- three-storey library
- on-campus art gallery
- fitness centre
- assortment of dining options
- wireless connectivity
- PCs, Macs and printers in library, plus 15 computer labs which may be booked by program area for student use
- media services including equipment loans and skilled, friendly staff to help
The Robbert Hartog Midland Campus provides a variety of educational services and is best known for its Skilled Trades Centre and the Ontario Recreational Boating Centre of Excellence. It features 39,000 square feet of dedicated shop space and state-of-the-art equipment, providing much-needed hands-on learning for students in a variety of trades. The Midland Campus is also a TOWES (Test of Workplace Essential Skills) testing facility.
There’s lots to do in Midland all year long. Situated on the southern shores of Georgian Bay, Midland is known as much for its outdoor activities as for its rich history. It’s a popular spot for boating in the summer, while snowmobiling and ice fishing are attractions in the winter.
- 39,000 square feet of dedicated shop space
- state-of-the-art equipment
We make it easy for you to get the information you need. Georgian College Business and Career Services in Midland is your friendly, helpful source for information on:
- courses and programs offered at other Georgian College campuses
- list of Ontario colleges offering specific career training
- student loans (OSAP)
- applying for postsecondary programs (OCAS)
- community services in North Simcoe
- apprenticeable trades
- labour market information
We can take your registration for courses offered at any Georgian College campus. Our information and referral service is free.
Can’t find the course you need?
Ask about our Personal Training Service. Whatever the subject, we can arrange one-to-one coaching to enable you to learn what you need, when you need it. You’re in control, you pick:
- the subject
- the length
- the time
- the place
- fees vary from $60 to $175 per hour (minimum purchase $100).
Do you have the essential skills needed for the career of your choice? If you are hiring new staff, how do you know they will be able to do the work? If you are selecting employees for promotion, how do you make the right choices? Test of workplace essential skills is an assessment tool that gives a reading of present skill levels in relation to the level needed for specific occupations. TOWES assesses reading comprehension, document use and numeracy, the three essential skills employers consider most important when hiring. TOWES:
- is Canadian
- is recognized by employers across Canada
- takes approximately 2.5 hours to write
- is calibrated to over 200 careers
- costs $55 + GST per person for groups of 10 or more
Call the Midland Campus at 705-526-3666 to arrange for TOWES testing for your group. Individuals may call to have their name added to a waiting list for the next available testing date.
Welcome to Georgian College!
Tuesday, Sept. 2 is Orientation Day for all students starting new programs at Georgian College this fall. This is your opportunity to meet faculty and peers and learn about activities and services available at your campus.
The day will include a variety of welcome activities.
We look forward to seeing you on Sept. 2. In the meantime, be sure to connect with us, engage and enjoy!
- 9:30 a.m.: free pancake breakfast, welcome
- 10 a.m.: program and academic information
- 11:30 a.m.: reserve your locker (please bring $12 and a combination lock), student photo ID (photo ID required), pick up pre-ordered books (photo ID required)
- 1 to 2:30 p.m.: free boat cruise and lunch
Please call us at 705.646.7629 to confirm your attendance!
The Muskoka Campus meets the local demand for health care, skilled trades, business and service sector employment training. Its smaller class sizes allow for a personalized education experience. It features 18,000-square-feet of lab and classroom space for 250 full-time students as well as 7,000 square feet of dedicated shop space for skills training such as general carpentry apprenticeship.
The Muskoka Campus is located in Bracebridge, about two hours north of Toronto. Situated in the heart of Ontario’s cottage country, its population grows in both summer and winter as people come to take advantage of the outdoor recreation. The picturesque town, originally built around a waterfall, is a centre of tourism for the Muskoka area and home to several historical sites.
- 18,000 square feet of lab and classroom space
- 7,000 square feet of shop space
Our facility handles a full complement of services geared to organizations and individuals wanting to further their education and growth.
- A computer learning lab, 50-plus computer courses and a variety of computer software training
- Various credit courses to assist in the completion of your certificates and diplomas
- Personal development courses
- Teaching and Training Adults
- General education courses
- College and Career Preparation
- Proctoring services
When it comes to multimedia classrooms and computer labs, Georgian College has some of the finest available in Muskoka. The Muskoka Campus may rent facilities during regular business hours at a reasonable cost, if space is available.
- Multimedia classroom (30 seats)
- Double multimedia classroom (60 seats)
- Small multimedia computer lab (18 student workstations)
- Large multimedia computer lab (25 student workstations)
All include presenter podium computer, projector, screen, VCR / DVD and external laptop cable. Rentals are based on four- or eight-hour blocks. Please call 705-646-7629, ext. 4812, for rates and bookings. All facility rentals require proof of public liability and property damage insurance prior to the event.
The Orangeville campus offers provides full-time and part-time studies, corporate training and academic upgrading – high quality education and training in an intimate setting.
Located about 45 minutes from Toronto, the town of Orangeville offers beautiful scenery and lots of outdoor activities in all seasons. A vibrant arts community including an assortment of galleries and exhibits, an annual jazz and blues festival as well as a local theatre company are all part of the appeal of the town. Visit Orangeville’s website for more information.
The Orillia Campus is home to the Justice and Public Safety Institute and the Community Education Partnership Centre. A privately run on-campus residence is available, as well as off-campus housing. Specialty program facilities include counselling labs, use-of force room, multidisciplinary apartment-style lab, multipurpose room and state-of-the-art fitness facilities. The campus is accessible by car or public transit.
Known as “the sunshine city,” Orillia is the gateway to Ontario’s cottage country – golf courses, waterfront, ski and snowboard hills, NHL-sized rinks, tennis courts and athletic fields are just minutes away. Close to a large marina and port, Orillia also offers a restored opera house and Casino Rama, where world-class concerts are held year-round. A variety of off-campus housing options, from privately run student residence to apartments, are available.
- Career Development Centre: Offers resources, information, workshops and assessments to help community members, students and grads with career planning and job search. Fees for service may apply. Call 705-325-2740, ext. 3056.
- Proctoring services: If you are taking a course at another educational institution or training through your employer and require invigilation of the test or exam, Georgian College testing services can assist you. Please contact Testing Services at 705-325-2740, ext. 3002, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A variety of dining options are available on campus.
- Facilities rental: The college may rent facilities and equipment, if available, at a reasonable cost to community groups. Equipment rental is also available. Please call 705-325-2740, leave a message outside regular business hours or email email@example.com.
While it offers a variety of educational services, the Owen Sound Campus is best known for its Great Lakes International Marine Training and Research Centre, where students in marine engineering and navigation programs get hands-on experience. The campus also features a privately run on-campus residence, revitalized student lounge space, top-notch dining room and culinary services that offer frozen meals and other deals, and state-of-the-art skilled trades labs.
The city of Owen Sound is located on the southern shores of Georgian Bay and features a natural harbour and bay, and an extensive park system. Only two hours from Toronto, the Owen Sound Campus has easy access to theatres, museums, art galleries, libraries, movie theatres, fishing, hiking and boating. Cultural events such as the Summerfolk Music and Crafts Festival, and the Festival of Northern Lights attract many visitors.
- privately run on-campus residence
- student lounge
- cafeteria, dining room and other culinary services
- fitness centre
- skilled trades labs
The John Di Poce South Georgian Bay Campus is located in Collingwood. Georgian’s newest campus facility, it boasts 20,000 square feet of multi-function classrooms, a community room, state-of-the-art computer labs and a student lounge.
Collingwood is located on the southern shores of Georgian Bay, along the shoreline of Nottawasaga Bay. Ski hills, scenic caves and miles of trails make it the perfect place for four-season adventure. Popular Wasaga Beach is close by for summer fun.
- 20,000 square feet of multi-function classrooms
- a community room
- state-of-the-art computer labs
- student lounge