How long does my OSAP application take to process?
If you have submitted your signature pages and supporting documentation to the Financial Aid Office, it will take 4-6 weeks from the date of your application, however, for fall applications submitted during the spring and summer, this may take longer due to Ministry processing times. Your status on the OSAP website www.osap.gov.on.ca will indicate that these documents have not been received until our office processes them. You will receive notification from OSAP once your file has been updated.
Submitting your MSFAA
Print, complete, and sign your MSFAA (Master Student Financial Aid Agreement)
After you submit your online OSAP Application for Full-Time Students, print your MSFAA. You can also ask the ministry to mail it to you, but we recommend that you print it yourself. If you applied for OSAP using a paper application, your MSFAA will be mailed to you. Read the terms and conditions, then complete and sign your MSFAA.
Take your MSFAA to a Canada Post Outlet
Take your MSFAA to a designated Canada Post Outlet right away. You don’t have to wait for classes to begin. You may also take your MSFAA to a NSLSC kiosk, but they are only available at certain times of year. You must present the following two pieces of documentation to prove your identity:
- Proof of your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Your Social Insurance card, or
- An official Government of Canada document that contains your Social Insurance Number (e.g., a Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, a Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions, or a Confirmation of Social Insurance Number from Service Canada).
- One piece of valid photo ID issued in Canada by the federal, provincial or territorial government. Examples of acceptable ID: Canadian passport, permanent resident or citizenship card, Ontario photo card, valid driver’s licence or provincial health card with photo. Student ID cards are not acceptable forms of photo ID.
Note for Students Studying Outside of Canada:
If you can’t go to a designated Canada Post outlet (or NSLSC kiosk) because you’re not in Canada, mail your MSFAA and proof of identity (a legible photocopy of the front and back is acceptable) to:National Student Loans Service Centre PO Box 4030 Mississauga, ON L5A 4M4.
- You’ll be provided with only one MSFAA for all your OSAP applications. You’ll be presented with your MSFAA at the end of each of your online applications, but you only need to print one copy and submit it once, as described above.
- Once your MSFAA is submitted, it’s good for the duration of your full-times studies provided you don’t have more than a 2-year break in full-time studies. You won’t have to submit it again if you apply for OSAP next year. If you are required to submit a new MSFAA in the future, the Ministry will let you know.
- You can review the terms and conditions of your MSFAA at any time.
What is the cover page?
You do not have to submit your OSAP Cover page. This document is not necessary.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
For OAN retrieval and password resets, you must visit a Financial Aid Office with OSAP access at any College or University. You must have your Valid Government issued Photo ID and Social Insurance Card. At Georgian College this service is available at the Barrie, Orillia and Owen Sound campuses. We recommend you call before visiting Orillia (ext 3010) and Owen Sound (ext 2024) for contact information.
What are the office hours of Georgian’s Financial Aid office?
Office hours: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
When is tuition due and does OSAP cover my deposit?
Deposit options and payment deadlines are listed on your invoice. OSAP funding is not available to cover the deposit. For more information about tuition deadlines, fees and registration please visit http://www.georgianc.on.ca/admissions/apply/fees-web-registration
How can we help you?
- Student Access Guarantee.
- Staying Interest Free OSAP interest free status information.
- Partners in Student Assistance – The people you need to know.
- What is the difference between a Loan and OSAP?
- Government of Canada Financial Planner Calculator.
- Get Great Budgeting Tips!.
- Apply for a Bursary:
- Find out about Awards and Scholarships.
- Important changes that affect your loan and/or grant – stay up-to-date!
- OSAP repayment information.
- LAURENTIAN@GEORGIAN STUDENTS.
You can find us at the Barrie Campus in the Administrative Building, Office of the Registrar. Our Office Hours are: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please drop in and see us, or book an appointment with a Financial Aid Officer to discuss your concerns.
Tuition and related fees
- Details on how to pay your fees are outlined on our Fees & Web Registration Info page.
- Students may also choose to defer a portion of their fees for a modest nonrefundable fee deferral charge.
- Check our Important Dates for fee payment deadlines.
Awards and Scholarships
Close to $272,000 in student assistance is available to new students through the Georgian College’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations Awards and Scholarships program. Georgian offers over 300 Entrance Awards, the largest number of any college in Ontario. Some of these awards are program specific while others are available to all first-year students. Search through our Entrance Awards listings or call or drop into the Foundation Office for assistance.
Looking for more information on entrance, undergraduate and graduate awards? Head over to our awards page.