Web Registration Instructions
You can access Web registration using a computer in any Georgian College lab, the Library Commons on any campus or from an external location. The preferred browser is Windows Explorer 6.0 or higher.
To access Web registration, go to http://sis.georgianc.on.ca. Not everyone can access Web registration at the same time. To find your registration window, login to Banner, select the “Registration”menu and then “Registration Status”. The schedule will be available after the fee deadline has occured.
You will need your student ID number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN). For information on login procedures, see below.
Your fees for the upcoming semester must be paid or deferred prior to registering. Any fees received late will be subject to a late fee of $65 that will be added to your balance.
It is your responsibility to be aware of graduation requirements for your program, including the prerequisite and corequisite courses. This information can be found in the College calendar in effect at the time you started your program or in the program outline. At any time during your studies you can check your graduation eligibility by using the credential evaluation tool on Banner.
Your Banner User ID is your student number.
If this is your first time logging in, your Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be your birth date in the format of YYMMDD. For example, if your birthday is March 17, 1964, then your PIN will be 640317.
Once you have logged in for the first time, you will be prompted to change your PIN. Use any alphanumeric combination to a length of six characters. You will also be prompted to enter a security question and answer so that if you ever forget your PIN, you can reset it yourself.
If you experience problems logging in, send an email to email@example.com or call (705)728-1968, Ext. 1732.
- Once you have logged in and are at the main menu, select Registration to view your status or to register.
- Select Register for Courses.
- You may be prompted to select the Term for which you are registering (e.g. Fall 2009).
- If you do not meet registration conditions, you will receive an error message telling you what the problem is and who to contact for assistance. Please take note of the entire message as this will make solving the problem much faster. Otherwise, general registration information will appear. Select Continue.
- Your personal information will be displayed with a request to update if required. Select Continue.
- You will be presented with your course selections in a variety of ways (one or more timetables of mandatory courses; one or more timetables of mandatory courses PLUS optional courses; only optional courses). You may also be presented with Communications courses and/or Gen Ed courses. You may move back and forth between timetables.
- As you view a particular timetable, you’ll notice that the mandatory courses (if any) are selected for you. Changing timetables will remove the mandatory selections as well as any other course choices you may have made. You can only select from the combinations displayed within each timetable.
- If a timetable is full, proceed to the next one. If all timetables are full or there are no available optional courses, you must contact the Office of the Registrar at (705) 722-1511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the courses displayed do not meet the requirements of your academic progression, you must contact your academic area for assistance. A link to academic area contact information is available on the Banner main menu.
- It is recommended that you select the number of courses indicated but if you choose not to do so, remember that you are responsible for meeting your graduation requirements. Remember also that the number of courses you take in a semester will affect your student status, your fees and/or your student loan application. If you select more courses than those assigned for your curriculum, additional fees will be assessed. If you choose to take courses out of sequence resuling in a lesser course load one semester and an increased course load in another, additional fees will be assessed in the overload semester.
- Once you have selected the courses you require, click Submit to Register. You will be advised if there are registration problems. You cannot go back to change your selections once you have completed this step and must wait for the add / drop period to make changes or add to your schedule.
- If you have been unsuccessful at registering for the courses you need, you may wish to contact your academic advisor for assistance. Otherwise, to change courses or sections, you must wait until the Add/Drop period. Check our Important Dates for Add/Drop dates.
- You are responsible for checking your account balance and paying for your fees in full by the payment due date (see Important Dates). Fees may be adjusted until the end of the Add/Drop period based on your course registrations. It is therefore advisable that you check your account balance prior to classes starting and after the Add/Drop period.
IMPORTANT: Georgian College reserves the right to alter course availability as well as the right to withdraw a student from a course if the student has failed a prerequisite. For this reason, you must check to see if any changes have been made online even after you have printed your timetable. It is essential that you do this before the start of classes.