Safe and efficient construction in our communities requires a high calibre of expertise among municipal building officials, builders, design professionals and other Building Code users.
The Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) for Certified Building Code Officials (CBCO) and the Building Code Qualified (BCQ) certification program accredits these courses. Teachers are certified by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MAH).
For more information, call 705-728-1968, ext. 1268 or e-mail email@example.com
Detailed Technical Training courses: provide in-depth technical training in the Ontario Building Code, Building Code Act, associated practices
- TECH 0028 Part 9: The House – Building Envelope (required for Home Inspection Program students)
- TECH 0029 Part 9: The House – Health and Safety (required for Home Inspection Program students)
- TECH 0030 Part 9 Buildings – Structural Requirements
- TECH 0043 Part 8: On-site Sewage Systems
Overview/Refresher courses: provide an overview of Code Concepts and refresh Building Code Skills of experienced practitioners
- TECH 0174 General Legal/Process for Inspectors/Designers, CBO/RCA – 2003
- TECH 0256 House – 2003
- TECH 0254 Small Buildings – 2003
- TECH 0253 Large Buildings – 2003
Requirements: Please bring your copy of the Ontario Building Code to the first class or purchase it at the College Bookstore.
OBOA Certification can be obtained by calling 905-264-1662 or online at www.oboa.on.ca.