Welcome to the new online awards and scholarship application system. Once you click the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to the new search page for the online system. Once logged in, you can begin the application process. The new system allows you to log in and log out as often as you like, saving your progress, so you can complete the application process at your convenience.
Need help? Contact the Awards Office at email@example.com or 705.728.1968, ext. 1483 or visit us in Room E200 at the Barrie Campus.
Hundreds of donors from across Canada believe in you and want to help you achieve your dreams. We are here to help you get the financial support you deserve.
Awards and scholarships are available to:
- New students – entrance awards
- Returning students – undergraduate awards
- Graduating students – graduate awards
Students can apply for tax-free funds based in such criteria as:
- Great grades
- Financial need
- History of leadership
- Track record of volunteer work
Be sure to check these websites for scholarships, too:
- The Barrie Fall Fair 2014 Senior and Junior Ambassador Contest – cash and prizes!
- 2014 Scotiabank Student Excellence Awards
- Accessible Media Inc.
- Airports Council International-North America
- Air and Waste Management Association
- Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians
- Arctic Chiropractic
- Automotive Industries Association of Canada
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
- Basilicata Cultural Society of Canada
- Brant Rod & Gun Club
- Bruce Power
- Canada’s Luckiest Student
- Canadian First World War Internment Recognition Fund
- Canadian Hospitality Foundation
- Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering
- Canadian Society of Club Managers
- Canadian Water and Wastewater Association
- Children’s Aid Society
- Community Living Walkerton and District
- Company of Master Mariners of Canada Scholarships
- Compass Mortgage Group
- Conversion Digital Marketing Scholarship
- EDC – Export Development Canada
- Financial Management Institute
- Forest Products Association of Canada – Skills for Aboriginal Youth Award
- Global Lift Equipment
- Government of Saskatchewan Student Loans
- Government of Saskatchewan Scholarship of Honour
- Holmes Foundation
- Hydro One
- IAPA – The J.V. Findlay Scholarship
- International Shipmasters Association Georgian Bay Huronia Lodge 15
- IODE Ontario Lucy Morrison Bursary
- Johnson Inc.
- Kin Canada Bursaries
- Lift Parts Express
- LM Scholarship Program
- Maple Leaf Dentistry Scholarship
- Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF)
- Maytree Foundation
- McGraw-Hill Ryerson
- MCO Scholarship
- Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- NEWH The Hospitality Industry Network
- Niagara Paramedic Association
- Niren & Associates Immigration Lawyers
- Nova Scotia Speech and Hearing Centres CDA Student Bursaries
- Ontario Federation of Celebral Palsy
- Ontario Golf Superintendents’ Association
- Ontario Hostelry Institute
- Ontario Municipal Water Association
- Ontario Onsite Wastewater Association
- Ontario Parks Partners Bursary Programs
- Ontario Power Generation
- Orillia Hospital Soldiers’ Memorial Foundation
- Orillia Manufacturers Association
- Peter Pasula Study Habits Scholarship
- Progressive Automations
- Registered Nurses’ Foundation of Ontario
- Scholarships Canada
- Scotia Bank Awards
- SIRC Research Award
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award Program
- Toronto Community Foundation
- Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
- The Donald W. Challinor Memorial Scholarship Foundation
- The Lung Association – Student Excellence Award in Respiratory Health
- The Southwestern Ontario Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- Transportation Association of Canada
- Travel and Tourism Research Association
- Tree Canada
- Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre (URDC)
- Your Favorite Car Scholarship
The Ontario International Education Opportunity Scholarship
Please be aware that the Ontario International Education Opportunity Scholarship (OIEOS) will be discontinued for the 2012-2013 academic year and onward. The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities announced in the 2012 Ontario Budget that there would be targeted reductions across Ministries to meet Ontario’s plan of balancing the budget by 2017-2018. As a result, targeted programs were selected to help meet this commitment.
“Since 2006/2007, the OIEOS has been well received by both students and institutions, making it a very difficult decision to discontinue funding. However, the Ministry is proud to have helped provide more than $16 million in support over the last six years,” Kenny Li Cheong Man, MTCU.
Over 6,500 scholarships were awarded to Ontario students to study abroad during the six-year period that OIEOS has been available.
Unfortunately there aren’t awards available for every program. However we do have “open” awards that are open to students in any program. To search for these, select “awards open to all programs” under the program listing on the search page. You can narrow this search down by selecting your level of study, academic area or even campus.
The awards and scholarships website is constantly being updated. There are new awards with new expiry dates being listed all the time so be sure to check this website regularly. Don’t procrastinate, because you might miss a deadline!
It is always a great time to start putting together your documents for awards and scholarships. Typically you will be asked to provide the following: letter of reference, resumé, grade reports and cover letter. It is a really good idea to be prepared in advance because the perfect opportunity might arise for you at any time.
Small details can make a big difference in whether or not your application stands out.
- Make sure your reference letters and resumé are of the same quality that you would use to land a job interview.
- Write clearly. Be concise. Check spelling. Ask a peer or superior to proofread all of your documents.
- Make certain your application and documentation address the specific requirements of the award.
- Ensure you have provided all of the requested information and attach all documents required to your application. Leaving off pertinent information by accident can result in disqualification.
The amount of time and energy you put into searching out and applying for awards and scholarships is up to you. However, the more effort you make, the better your chances of becoming a winner. And most importantly, don’t get discouraged if you don’t win. Make the strongest case you can, and simply try again.
Comments/suggestions regarding this website?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Barrie Campus – Room E200
- Amy Lagacy
- Awards Assistant
- 705.728.1968, ext. 1483
- Jennifer Matte
- Awards Officer
- 705.728.1968, ext. 1211
Orillia Campus – Room A100A
- Sheryl McLean
- Financial Aid Officer
- 705.325.2740, ext. 3010
Owen Sound Campus – Campus Connections
- 519.376.0840, ext. 2078