NEW! APPLY ONLINE for all awards and scholarships offered by Georgian College.
Welcome to the new online awards and scholarship application system. Once you click the “Apply online” button, you will be directed to the new online search page. Once logged in, you can begin the application process. The new system allows you to log in and log out as often as you like, saving your progress, so you can complete the application process at your convenience.
Need help? Contact the Awards office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705.728.1968, ext. 1483 or visit us in Room E200 at the Barrie Campus.
Hundreds of donors from across Canada believe in you and want to help you achieve your dreams. We are here to help you get the financial support you deserve.
Awards and scholarships are available to:
- New students – entrance awards
- Returning students – undergraduate awards
- Graduating students – graduate awards
Students can apply for tax-free funds based in such criteria as:
- Great grades
- Financial need
- History of leadership
- Track record of volunteer work
Be sure to check these websites for scholarships, too:
- The Barrie Fall Fair 2014 Senior and Junior Ambassador Contest – cash and prizes!
- 2014 Scotiabank Student Excellence Awards
- AbbVie IBD Scholarship Program
- Accessible Media Inc.
- Airports Council International-North America
- Air and Waste Management Association
- Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians
- Arctic Chiropractic
- A Place for Mom
- Automotive Industries Association of Canada
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada
- Basilicata Cultural Society of Canada
- Best Price Nutrition
- Brant Rod & Gun Club
- Brilliance Scholarship
- Bruce Power
- Canada’s Luckiest Student
- Canadian First World War Internment Recognition Fund
- Canadian Hospitality Foundation
- Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering
- Canadian Society of Club Managers
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering
- Canadian Water and Wastewater Association
- Children’s Aid Society
- Community Living Walkerton and District
- Company of Master Mariners of Canada Scholarships
- Compass Mortgage Group
- Conversion Digital Marketing Scholarship
- DermMedica Scholarship
- EDC – Export Development Canada
- Electro-Federation Canada
- Explore Program
- Financial Management Institute
- Forest Products Association of Canada – Skills for Aboriginal Youth Award
- Global Health Nursing Scholarship
- Global Lift Equipment
- Government of Saskatchewan Student Loans
- Government of Saskatchewan Scholarship of Honour
- Halloween Express Summer 2015 Scholarship Contest
- Holmes Foundation
- Hydro One
- International Shipmasters Association Georgian Bay Huronia Lodge 15
- Johnson Inc.
- Kin Canada Bursaries
- Lift Parts Express
- LM Scholarship Program
- Maple Leaf Dentistry Scholarship
- Maytree Foundation
- McKiggan Hebert Lawyers
- Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- National Airlines Council of Canada
- NEWH The Hospitality Industry Network
- Nova Scotia Speech and Hearing Centres CDA Student Bursaries
- Odyssey Program
- Ontario Federation of Celebral Palsy
- Ontario Golf Superintendents’ Association
- Ontario Hostelry Institute
- Ontario Municipal Water Association
- Ontario Parks Partners Bursary Programs
- Ontario Power Generation
- Orillia Hospital Soldiers’ Memorial Foundation
- Orillia Manufacturers Association
- Peter Pasula Study Habits Scholarship
- Progressive Automations
- Registered Nurses’ Foundation of Ontario
- Scholarships Canada
- Scotia Bank Awards
- Storwell Self Storage – bursary program
- Student Life Network
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award Program
- Toronto Community Foundation
- Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
- The Donald W. Challinor Memorial Scholarship Foundation
- The Lung Association – Student Excellence Award in Respiratory Health
- The Southwestern Ontario Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- The Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario
- Transportation Association of Canada
- True Sport Foundation
- Travel and Tourism Research Association
- Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre (URDC)
Georgian offers 30 entrance scholarships to Business – Entrepreneurship students
Georgian College is offering $1,000 scholarships to the first 30 students who enrol in the Business – Entrepreneurship program at the Barrie Campus. These entrance scholarships are open to full-time students who register for the 2015 winter semester. Students must simply meet admission requirements and confirm registration to receive the award. The scholarships will be paid to students who are still enrolled after the add/drop date.
“This large, one-time offering of 30 entrance scholarships to students in the Business – Entrepreneurship program is a way to help accelerate learning and success,” says Lisa Banks, Vice President, Communications, Marketing and External Relations. “Georgian is committed to developing and implementing programs that assist with student enrolment and retention.”
Entrance scholarships are financed through various fundraising events such as the Georgian Golf Classic and the Georgian Dream Gala, held Nov. 7 at Casino Rama.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Unfortunately there aren’t awards available for every program. However we do have “open” awards that are open to students in any program. To search for these, select “awards open to all programs” under the program listing on the search page. You can narrow this search down by selecting your level of study, academic area or even campus.
The awards and scholarships website is constantly being updated. There are new awards with new expiry dates being listed all the time so be sure to check this website regularly. Don’t procrastinate, because you might miss a deadline!
It is always a great time to start putting together your documents for awards and scholarships. Typically you will be asked to provide the following: letter of reference, resumé, grade reports and cover letter. It is a really good idea to be prepared in advance because the perfect opportunity might arise for you at any time.
Small details can make a big difference in whether or not your application stands out.
- Make sure your reference letters and resumé are of the same quality that you would use to land a job interview.
- Write clearly. Be concise. Check spelling. Ask a peer or superior to proofread all of your documents.
- Make certain your application and documentation address the specific requirements of the award.
- Ensure you have provided all of the requested information and attach all documents required to your application. Leaving off pertinent information by accident can result in disqualification.
The amount of time and energy you put into searching out and applying for awards and scholarships is up to you. However, the more effort you make, the better your chances of becoming a winner. And most importantly, don’t get discouraged if you don’t win. Make the strongest case you can, and simply try again.
Comments/suggestions regarding this website?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Barrie Campus – Room E200
- Jennifer Matte
- Awards Officer
- 705.728.1968, ext. 1211
- Sammi Marriner
- Awards Assistant
- 705.728.1968, ext. 1483
Orillia Campus – Room A100A
- Sheryl McLean
- Financial Aid Officer
- 705.325.2740, ext. 3010
Owen Sound Campus – Campus Connections
- 519.376.0840, ext. 2078