Georgian College’s counsellors are trained professionals who can assist and support students through free, confidential services, including:
- Academic Counselling
- Career Development
- Crisis counselling
- Personal counselling
- Information on college programs
- Information regarding college application and admission procedures
- Educational planning
Counsellor records are strictly confidential and can only be shared with appropriate individuals with the signed consent of the student.
There are a few ways that you can access a Counsellor at Georgian College:
- Barrie students phone (705)722-1523 to book an appointment. Or, drop by room B110 in the Founder’s Building to make an appointment. Evening appointments are available from Monday to Thursday each week.
- Orillia students phone (705) 325-2740 Ext. 3113 or (705) 329-3113 to book an appointment. Or, drop by the office, which is located within the Centre for Access and Student Services area on the second floor, room A200.
- Owen Sound students phone (519) 376-0840, ext 2099 to book an appointment. Or drop by the office in Room C607.
On-call counsellors are available Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for students who are in crisis or who are dealing with time-sensitive issues.
I. Ask a Counsellor
Do you want your questions answered by those who really know?
Then contact Georgian’s counsellors. Georgian’s counsellors can answer questions on services offered, education planning, career development and many other college and university related issues. Please e-mail email@example.com