In this program, students are prepared for professional and essential support positions in the automotive industry by providing general business and specialized automotive education. Through eight months of co-op work experience and opportunities to network with industry professionals, students explore the automotive industry and learn from industry experts. Upon completion of the program students have the skills, knowledge, and experience to build a career across a broad range of sectors in the automotive industry.
The Automotive Business School of Canada - built and actively supported by the automotive industry, for the automotive industry.
Gain automotive industry experience and build your network. With our graduate employment rate of over 90 per cent, your drive can take you anywhere!
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 11* or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U) *Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U); plus any Grade 11* or 12 College level mathematics (MBC3C, MAP4C or MCT4C) or 11* or 12 University level mathematics (MCF3M, MCR3U, MCV4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MHF4U or MDM4U). (*Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level mathematics MCB3C, MCF3M or MCR3U)
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course and most credit mathematics courses taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations*
- Equivalent courses in English and mathematics taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications and business, apprentice or technical mathematics*
- Mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses and most mathematics credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Automotive Business articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- ACCT1000 Financial Accounting Principles 1
- AUTO1000 Concepts of the Automotive Industry
- AUTO1001 Intro. To Auto. Tech
- AUTO2000 DMS: Parts and Service
- AUTO2001 Automotive Networks
- AUTO2002 Introduction to Canadian Automotive Aftermarket
- AUTO2008 Dealership Sales Operations
- BUSI1011 Professional Business Practices
- COMP1003 Microcomputer Applications
- ECON1000 Microeconomics
- ECON2000 Macroeconomics
- FNCE2008 Dealership Financial Statements
- LAWS1009 Automotive Law and Ethics
- MATH1002 Mathematics of Finance
- MKTG1000 Introduction to Marketing
- MKTG2029 Sales and Customer Relationship Management
- AUTO1009 Introduction to Fixed Operations
Communications CoursesTo be selected at time of registration from the College list, as determined by testing.
Optional CoursesTo be selected from College list
General Education CoursesTo be selected from College list
Co-op Work Terms
- COOP1001 Automotive Business Work Term 1
- COOP2005 Automotive Business Work Term 2