Begin your career as a baker or pastry chef! Through hands-on training, students will study traditional and contemporary baking methods, the basics of pastry, cake decorating and contemporary dessert plating. Through classroom lectures, students learn baking theory, nutrition, trade calculations, sanitation, food safety and business concepts to support skills used in the daily operation of a bakery. Using global industry trends, graduates are prepared to critically think, innovate, and to professionally apply business management skills for lifelong career success as a baking professional in all sectors of the food service industry or as entrepreneurs.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
View the Baking and Pastry Arts articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- ENTR1002 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- ENTR2003 Small Business Operations
- BAKE1000 Baking Ingredients and Equipment Technology
- BAKE1001 Baker’s Formulas and Bake Shop Management
- BAKE1002 Basic Baking Production
- BAKE1003 Basic Pastry Production
- BAKE1004 Baking Science and Food Safety
- BAKE1005 Nutrition and Business Practices
- BAKE1006 Advanced Baking Production
- BAKE1007 Advanced Pastry Production
- SANI1000 Basic Food Service Safety and Certification
- SANI1001 Advanced Food Service Safety and Certification