Students focus on professionalizing their communication skills through intensive practical writing activities and the application of relevant theoretical content. Students plan, create, edit, and deliver messages for a range of audiences, purposes, and mediums, including print, social media, and web-based contexts. Independently and collaboratively, students complete projects including case studies, writing workshops, and project management assignments. Students gain professional and entrepreneurial skills for industry and self-employment, as well as real life experience through participation in a placement during the final semester.
Applicants must have either a Post-secondary advanced diploma or degree, in a relevant field or discipline. All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to accompany their application.
View the Comm and Professional Writing articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- PROW1000 Professional Writing 1
- PROW1001 Collaboration and Project Management
- PROW1002 Copywriting Fundamentals
- PROW1003 Research for Professional Writing
- PROW1004 Format, Layout, and Design
- PROW1005 Style and Editing 1
- PROW1006 Professional Writing 2
- PROW1007 Proposal Writing
- PROW1008 Creative Storytelling
- PROW1009 Writing for the Web
- PROW1010 Style and Editing 2
- PROW1011 Professional Writer in Practice
- PROW1012 Professional Writing Placement