|Fall 2018||Owen Sound, Barrie|
Feed your dreams! This one year program trains students to work in professional kitchens regionally, nationally, and internationally. Students learn fundamental food knowledge and develop skills of food preparation and presentation that prepares them for lifelong career success with strong industry connections. Students practice professionalism, culinary and management skills, safety and sanitation, nutrition, product knowledge and identification while applying their skills in a hands on learning environment. This program provides the in school portion of the cook apprenticeship program of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
View the Culinary Skills articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- FOSR1000 Introduction to Baking
- FOSR1001 Intro To Small Quantity Technq
- FOSR1002 Kitchen Management
- FOSR1003 Intro to Food Theory and Nutri
- FOSR1004 Intro to Large Quantity Technq
- FOSR1006 Advanced Large Quantity
- FOSR1007 Advanced Kitchen Management
- FOSR1008 Advanced Food Theory
- FOSR1009 Advanced Small Quantity
- FOSR1013 Advanced Baking Techniques