The curriculum incorporates theory, applications and practical experience from the manufacturing, robotics, computer communications and utilities industries, along with concepts from the sciences and humanities to ensure the graduate is provided with current technical knowledge, skills and practice.
Georgian College's Electrical Engineering Technician and Technology programs received recognition at a special celebration in Quebec City as part of Colleges and Institutes Canada's (CICan) annual conference. CICan recognized Georgian as bronze recipient of the 2015-2016 CICan Program Excellence Award. .. read more
This program is accredited by the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education (CAFCE). This accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for co-operative education programs in Canada, and recognizes Georgian's commitment to quality in co-op education.
This program is also accredited by Technology Accreditation Canada (TAC) and by the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG 4C, ENG 4U); plus any Grade 12 College Mathematics (MAP 4C or MCT 4C), or any Grade 12 U University Mathematics. Also recommended: any Grade 11 (C) or (U/C) and/or any Grade 12 (C) or (U/C) Physics)
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course and most credit mathematics courses taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Technology Foundation and Technology Fundamentals*
- Equivalent courses in English and mathematics taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications and business, apprentice or technical mathematics*
- Mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses and most mathematics credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English and mathematics that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Please note that this is a highly competitive program. Recommended minimum grade for English and math is 70%.
View the Electrical Eng Technology articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- DRFT1003 Introduction to Technical Drafting
- ELEC1000 CAD Electrical Circuits
- ELEC1001 AC Circuit Fundamentals
- ELEC1002 Electrical System and Ctrl 1
- ELEC2005 Electrical Machines
- ELEC2006 Power Transmission And Dist
- ELEC2007 CAD Electrical Layouts
- ELEC2008 Programmable Logic Controller1
- ELEC2010 Progressive Electrical Maint.
- ELEC2011 Power Transmission and Distribution 2
- ELEC3002 Instrumentation
- ELEC3004 Systems Integration
- ELEC3006 Power Quality and Distribution
- ELEC3007 Electrical Protection and Control
- ELEN1000 DC Circuit Fundamentals
- ELEN3001 Electronic Motor Controls
- ENVR1003 Environmental Health/Safety
- MATH1006 Mathematics for Technology
- MGMT2002 Project Management
- PHYS1001 Physical Sciences
- STAT3002 Applied Statistics
- ELEC2014 Hydro Codes and Standards
- ELEC2018 Electronic Devices
- ELEC3008 Advanced PLCs and Industrial Networking
- GEOG2000 Geographic Information Syst
- MATH3000 Calculus
- ROBT2000 Introduction to Robotics
- ROBT3003 Advanced Robotics
- TECR3008 Technical Report
Communications CoursesTo be selected at time of registration from the College list, as determined by testing.
General Education CoursesTo be selected from College list
Co-op Work Terms
- COOP1022 Electrical Work Term 1
- COOP2017 Electrical Work Term 2
- COOP3009 Electrical Work Term 3