|Fall 2018||Owen Sound, Barrie|
Students focus their learning on acquiring knowledge and skills in administrative-based courses by the use of diverse tehnology to be able to effectively perform in an executive environment. Students have the opportunity to develop supervisory, leadership, and training skills.
Students in all Office Administration streams enroll in a common first semester. As they gain experience and background, they have course selection options to complement prescribed office administration curriculum and further their interests, skills, and career goals.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG 4C, ENG 4U) Also recommended: any Grade 12 College Mathematics (MAP 4C or MCT 4C), or any Grade 12 University Mathematics.
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- College preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Business Foundations*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications*
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Office Admin-Executive (co-op) articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- COMP1012 Introduction to Business Documentation
- OFAD1001 Office Procedures and Strategies
- COMP1013 Advanced Business Documentation
- OFAD1003 Multi-Media Language Processing
- COMP2026 Integrated Office Simulations
- COMP2027 Computerized Administrative Simulations
- COMP1048 Introduction to Keyboarding
- OFAD1007 Computer Applications 1 for the Office
- OFAD2014 Bookkeeping for the Office Professional
- OFAD2015 Administrative Support and Records Management
- COMP2100 Social Media and Web Management
- OFAD2018 Project Management for the Office Professional
- OFAD2019 Executive Office Procedures
- OFAD2020 Executive Office Management
- OFAD2021 Financial Management for the Executive Assistant
- MATH1034 Office Math Applications
- OFAD1020 Computer Applications 2 for the Office
Communications CoursesTo be selected at time of registration from the College list, as determined by testing.
General Education CoursesTo be selected from College list
Co-op Work Terms
- COOP1042 Office Administration - Executive Work Term 1
- COOP2034 Office Administration - Executive Work Term 2