How and when do I reserve my seat?
If you’re taking courses at Georgian this May, you MUST reserve your seat in the program by May 9, 2017. To do that, go to the “Reserve your seat” item under the “Registration” menu in Banner and indicate your plan to register for courses. Please select summer 2017 as the term.
What happens if I don’t reserve my seat?
You need to reserve your seat to be able to see your registration day and time, and to be able to register for courses. If you don’t reserve by the deadline, you may risk losing your seat in the program.
What if I change my mind?
There is no penalty for changing your mind after you reserve your seat. Fees are not assessed to your account until you register by selecting your actual timetable/courses. If you change your mind after you have selected your courses, you would be required to submit a withdrawal form and be subject to the withdrawal/refund policy and deadlines.
How and when do I pay tuition?
Your full summer 2017 semester tuition fees are due Tuesday, May 9, 2017. You will soon receive an invoice with the amount owing (you can also check Banner). The best way to pay your fees is through your bank – by phone, online or at a branch. The payee is Georgian College TUITION and your account number is your nine-digit student number.
Reserving your seat:
- allows you to view your registration window (the date and time you can access registration) on Banner
- allows you to register for courses within your assigned semester once your registration window opens
- guarantees you a seat in all of the mandatory courses for that semester and a seat in the required number of program options, general education or communications courses (prior to add/drop opening
- we cannot however guarantee space will be available in your preferred timetable, program option, general education or communications courses
Reserving your seat does not:
- register you into any courses or give you a timetable
- guarantee you a seat in any courses after the add/drop period begins (see Important dates for the exact date)
- guarantee you a seat in any courses not attached to your assigned semester as these must be registered for during the add/drop period and are based on space availability at the time you register
- commit you to attending courses
- there is no penalty for reserving a seat and then choosing not to register for courses – once registration (selection of courses) has taken place, a program withdrawal form must be submitted within the first 10 days of the term or full fees will be charged for that term