Barrie Campus venues
Georgian’s Barrie Campus has large and small venues for meetings and events any time of year. Choose from a variety of spaces, including:
- boardrooms and AV-equipped classrooms
- lecture halls that seat up to 700 people
- 20,000-square-foot event space ideal for gala dinners and trade shows
Sadlon Centre for Health, Wellness and Sciences
- six health clinics, including a spa
- technologically-enhanced classrooms with ergonomic tables and chairs
- clean lines and an abundance of natural light
Athletic and Fitness Centre
- host to national and provincial sporting events and associations
- equipped with a 20,000-square-foot gym, indoor running track and 10,000-square-foot fitness centre
Training camps and conferences
- the college’s summer accommodation facilities, full-service catering, dedicated training classrooms and lecture halls have everything you need to run a successful training camp or conference
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you and your team for delivering a very successful Decorating Day event. Special thanks to Conference and Event Services who persevered with our budget restraints and constant requests. It was truly a great day!
– Marlene Mitchelmore, Decorating Day 2014
Conference and Event Services was instrumental in organizing the 2014 OAIE Conference. Their expertise and attention to detail allowed organizers to participate in conference activities and focus on connecting with our guests. The feedback we received was tremendous and certainly a reflection of how well supported we were. The International department will certainly make use of your services for future events – I can’t imagine co-ordinating an event without your support! Many, many thanks.
– Madeline Anderson, OAIE 2014
Conference and Event Services was incredibly helpful and precise in organizing my event. They were able to quickly and effectively take care of all the details that surrounded the event and were always available to ensure everything went off without a hitch. They were very professional, accommodating and provided fantastic customer service. It was a pleasure working with them organizing and planning my events.
– Joe Lauzon, Marketing and Recruitment Specialist
Georgian’s Barrie Campus offers a wide variety of meeting and event facilities. Whether you’re planning an intimate gathering for 10 or a 1,000-person conference, our professional, dedicated and certified on-site staff will help ensure the success of your event. We offer:
- a selection of affordable, AV-equipped classrooms and meeting rooms
- lecture theatres that can accommodate up to 700 people
- state-of-the-art computer labs
- 20,000-square-foot exhibit space
- banquet space for up to 1,500 people
- athletic facilities
Georgian College is the perfect location for:
- conferences and annual general meetings
- trade shows
- youth and sports camps
- religious retreats
- corporate training workshops
Meetings and receptions
Our classrooms, meeting rooms, lecture halls and theatres are equipped with built-in state-of-the-art technology, including:
- data projectors
- smart touch podiums
- DVD players
Our state-of-the-art Athletic and Fitness Centre features:
- 20,000-square-foot double gymnasium
- 10,000-square-foot fitness centre
- 147-metre indoor running track, climbing wall and group fitness classes
Hours of operation
- Monday to Thursday: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Note: The Athletic and Fitness Centre is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Visit the athletics website for more information.
Theatre space at the Barrie Campus includes:
- 700-seat Georgian Theatre
- the Georgian Theatre is operated by the Department of Culture at the City of Barrie – please contact the Box Office for rental information
- 256-seat Alumni Hall
- Alumni Hall has a removable wall that can divide the room into two lecture halls that each seat 128
- 150-seat Rowntree Theatre
Located in E Building, Georgian’s Media Services department provides the equipment and expertise to make your presentations sparkle. Rent:
- audiovisual equipment
- digital cameras and camcorders
- multimedia projection systems
Skilled, friendly staff are available to answer your questions and offer assistance. For an equipment list and rates, please contact Conference and Event Services.
- internet access is available throughout the residence in each bedroom and meeting room
- the Barrie Campus has wireless access
The Barrie Campus library is located a short walk from the Georgian Theatre. The library offers:
- comfortable lounge with fireplace
- small breakout rooms
Visit the library website for hours of operation.
- accommodations: Each suite includes ONE complimentary parking space in a designated parking area
- conferences: Ask Conference and Event Services about pre-arranging tokens for your group event
Visit the parking website for rates and regulations.
Grenville copy store
Fast and convenient full- or self-service copying is offered on campus. Located on the lower level of E Building at the Barrie Campus:
- colour or black and white laser copies from hard copy or disk
- scanning, binding and laminating
- posters and banners
- finishing and other services
- full-service copying, transparencies, reductions and enlargements
Hours of operation:
- Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
2017 summer accommodations operating season
Georgian’s summer accommodation facilities offer affordable rates to groups and individuals during the summer. It’s the perfect venue for your next:
- annual general meeting
- trade show
- youth or sports camp
- religious retreat
- corporate training workshop
The Barrie Campus student residence is managed and operated by Campus Living Centres and between the months of May and August provides summer guest accommodation under the Residence and Conference Centre banner.
- two-bedroom hotel-style accommodations
- comfortable, non-smoking and air-conditioned suites
- three-piece bath
- kitchenette with full-size fridge, microwave/convention, sink, table and chairs
- extra-long double bed
- satellite TV
- clock radio
- free wired internet and local calls
- daily housekeeping
- one free parking pass
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Check-out: 11 a.m.
- common lounge on each floor with four couches and TV – can be used for breakout sessions or classroom setting
- extra kitchen space on main floor with two full stoves
- coin-operated laundry facilities
- multipurpose sports court
- two sand volleyball courts – volleyballs and basketballs available to sign out at the front desk
- complimentary Barrie Examiner newspaper at front desk
The front desk is open 24/7 throughout May and August.
Note: No-smoking and no-pet policy in all rooms (refurbishing fee will be charged for any infractions of these rules).
Get more information on our rates or make an online reservation or call 705.730.5600.
Connect on campus for all your meetings and special events
Whether you’re planning an intimate gathering of 10 or a large conference for 1,000, Conference and Event Services on-site professional meeting planners can help make your experience an unforgettable and successful one!
Located just 90 minutes north of Toronto, Barrie offers a hometown feel with urban appeal. Georgian’s Barrie Campus is the perfect venue for your next:
- annual general meeting
- trade show
- youth or sports camp
- religious retreat
- corporate training workshop
Our meeting rooms offer flexibility and the ability to host meetings or special events year-round. Audiovisual-equipped classrooms, meeting rooms, lecture halls and theatres are also available.
Conference and Event Services offers a variety of services to meet the needs of the individual guest and corporate clients. Georgian event planners offer a one-stop shop and works closely with clients to ensure their success, and satisfaction.
Our services can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- day-of assistance for events of any size
- coordinating group overnight accommodation
- suggesting and assembling menus to meet any taste or dietary restriction
- meeting room setup and audio visual needs
- working with off-site vendors
- way-finding and signage
Conference and Event Services can help you plan your next meeting, conference or special event. Our certified meeting professionals can assist you with event planning – ask for a FREE consultation today!
Below are some checklists to help get you started:
Georgian Conference and Event Services can help you design a dining or catering package that will ensure your guests are nothing short of pleased. Choose from:
- Chartwells (Georgian’s contracted food service provider)
- Georgian Dining Room
- The Last Class restaurant and pub
These facilities can accommodate coffee breaks and banquet dinners for groups of up to 1,500. Choose from a wide variety of menus and food service venues to suit all budgets and group sizes.
Enjoy our patios and restaurants, or have meals and snacks catered directly to your private meeting room – we strive to provide excellent service and quality, at the best price:
- select group catering
- conference dining
- gala dinners
Georgian Dining Room
If you’re looking for a place to host an intimate gathering, formal sit-down dinner, outdoor barbecue, or something truly unique and out-of-the-box, you’ll find the Georgian Dining Room fits the bill.
- operates on select evenings as a fine dining restaurant, offering delectable meals in elegant surroundings
- 120-seat licensed dining room
- open to the public for lunch several days a week
For private functions, the Georgian Dining Room operates off of TLC’s catering menu, which can be found below!
The Last Class restaurant and bar
The Last Class (TLC) is dedicated to providing the most enjoyable experience possible for all your catering needs. The licensed bar and dining room offers both quality food and service. TLC can host up to 275 people over 2 floors in a seated setting or up to 650 people for a cocktail reception over two floors.
Looking for a quiet area to sit with a cup of coffee? Try The First Class (TFC), just upstairs from TLC. The café includes:
- lounge area
- pool table
- free Wi-Fi
Barrie – the gateway to cottage country!
Barrie is located close to beautiful Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe. The city has a lot to offer, including:
- beaches, waterfront and recreation areas
- hiking and biking trails
- parks and marinas
- great restaurants, shopping and live theatre
- art galleries and lots of nightlife
- golf at any one of the more than 50 courses in the area
- nearby casino, movie theatres and boat cruises
- and much more!
Check out these great links:
- Barrie Dragon Boat Races
- City of Barrie
- Georgian Downs Harness Race Track and Slots
- Georgian Theatre
- Hardwood Hills Mountain Bike Centre
- Kempenfest Summer Festival
- MacLaren Art Centre
- Serendipity Boat Cruises
- Simcoe County Museum
- Sunset International Speedway
- Theatre by the Bay
- Tourism Barrie
- Treetop Trekking
Georgian Conference and Event Services
- One Georgian Dr., Barrie ON L4M 3X9
- phone: 705.722.5120
- fax: 705.722.5176
- web: Conference and Event Services
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference and Event Services staff
- Katie Sleep, Manager, Conference and Event Services
- Angela Bertram, Co-ordinator, Conference and Event Services
- Kirsten Spencer-Arscott, Co-ordinator, Conference and Event Services