When applying for OSAP, please have the following information available:
- Social Insurance Number
- date you last attended high school on a full-time basis
- information from partner or parents (if applicable)
- date of birth – partner or parents (if applicable)
- access to income tax return – partner or parents (if applicable)
PLEASE NOTE: You can start and save an OSAP application online and return to it at a later date to finish and/or add information. If you need to update your file after you submit the application for processing, please contact the Financial Aid office.
View the steps to applying for OSAP and general information about OSAP below.
Step 1: Applying online for OSAP
- access your application with your Ontario Access Number (OAN) and OSAP password
- if you are a new user, you’ll need to register to get your OAN and to create a password
- if you have lost or forgotten your OAN or password, you will need to re-set the password – take your social insurance card and government issued photo ID to a Financial Aid office at any postsecondary institution in Ontario:
- Georgian offers this service at the Barrie, Orillia and Owen Sound campuses
- it is recommended you complete your online application and submit all the necessary documents a minimum EIGHT WEEKS prior to your program start date:
- application deadlines can be found on the OSAP website
Step 2: Submitting your MSFAA
- you must print, complete and sign a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) and take it to a designated Canada Post outlet:
- present your Social Insurance Number and Canadian government issued photo ID or other acceptable ID
PLEASE NOTE: The MSFAA is a multi-year agreement that is efficient and easy to use – there’s no need to sign a new agreement the next time you apply for student financial assistance.*
*Unless you take a two-year break in study or establish residency in another province or territory
Step 3: Submitting your signature pages and supporting documents
- once you have submitted your OSAP application online, you must print and sign your declaration and signature pages
- if your parent(s) or spouse provided information on your application, they will need to sign separate declaration and signature pages – additional documentation may be requested at this point
IMPORTANT: You must complete Steps 2 and 3 for your loan/grant funding request to be processed.
Step 4: Monitor and follow through
- after you submit your supporting documentation to the Financial Aid office AND your MSFAA to a designated Canada Post outlet, it’s important that you check your status through the OSAP website
Step 5: Pay your tuition fees
The OSAP application gives you the option of allowing the Ministry to use a portion of your OSAP funding to pay – on your behalf – your account balance, including tuition and compulsory fees.
Remember, this is done after your initial deposit is made.
Whether or not you choose this option, it is still your responsibility to monitor your student account to ensure all fees owing are received by the payment deadline date.
Please refer to your Georgian College acceptance package for fee deferral and payment deadline information.
Step 6: Electronic confirmation of enrolment
The Financial Aid office will electronically confirm you are enrolled as a full-time student. The earliest your enrolment can be confirmed is the start of the study period (e.g., the first day of class). It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that by this time, you have fully registered in your courses for your study period.
Changes to your OSAP can be viewed through your OSAP account online.
PLEASE NOTE: It takes approximately 48 hours for your OSAP information to be updated after we process your request.
Contact Financial Aid
Financial Aid provides a centralized service located at the Barrie and Orillia campuses within the Office of the Registrar. Office hours in Barrie are Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Staff members in the Office of the Registrar at our other campus locations are available to assist with general inquiries.
- phone: 705.722.1530
- fax: 705.722.5136
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid at the Orillia Campus is located in Room A100A within the Office of the Registrar. Office hours in Orillia are Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. NOTE: Please call or email the office if you require service and we will respond within one business day. If you would like to make an appointment in Orillia, you are encouraged to call ahead and book an appointment if you are travelling to our campus for service.
- phone: 705.325.2740, ext. 3010
- fax: 705.325.3690
- email: email@example.com
Georgian College Financial Aid staff